Monday, June 1, 2015

Happy First Birthday, Micah!

Yesterday was Micah's first birthday! I remembered the feeling of his pending arrival and how worried we were not knowing how the birth would go or how he might handle surviving outside of the womb. It took 4 long months of fighting in the hospital but he DID survive!! I can't tell you how overwhelmed with happiness and love I feel for Micah. He is such a blessing I can't believe he made it to his first year after all of the near-death experiences he faced. 

I honestly feel like this birthday is more like a celebration of survival and resilience. He is one of the happiest kids I know - his eyes literally sparkle when he smiles! 

Ray and I were talking about Micah's easygoing demeanor a few days ago and he said, "considering Micah's our medically complex child, he is a lot easier than Dylan was!" And thats saying something because Dylan was also an incredibly easygoing baby.

And to celebrate his birthday, we had a small family get together. I know he loved the attention but once he dipped his hand in the frosting he decided it was all too much. He cried but still managed a few bites of cake!









And now we're relaxing at the beach. I don't know if he's a natural beach baby but he sure is cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment